Saw this recipe of Good Chef Bad Chef last week and knew I had to make it.
Took me all morning to find the smoked trout and white balsamic vinegar LOL, they're not items that are easy to find. I changed it up abit and instead of macadamia nuts I roasted pinenuts. I also boiled the purple kumera I had. I also added finger sized Lebanese cucumber.
The macadamias and the trout help to make this salad exquisitely rich in good oils. Cashews would work just as well as the macas, and flaxseed oil instead of olive oil in the dressing would also be lovely.
Perfect for Autumn.
Ingredients – salad:
· 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 3-cm chunks 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp each of sea salt and cracked black pepper 150 g whole or 2 fillets smoked trout , flaked
· 1 cup whole macadamia nuts, toasted
· 2 large handfuls of baby spinach 1 cup mint leaves
· 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Ingredients – dressing:
· 1 tbsp raw honey ¼ cup orange juice
· 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tbsp white balsamic vinegar
· 1 tsp wholegrain or dijon mustard ½ tsp sea salt
· ½ tsp cracked white pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Method – dressing:
Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Method – salad
1. Place the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil and season.
2. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes,or until golden.
3. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Place the sweet potato in a bowl, add the flaked trout and the other ingredients and gently toss.
Dress and give this beautiful salad a final toss.
- See more at: http://www.visitvineyards.com/food/books-guides-food/wine-food-travel-articles/recipe-janellas-wholefood-kitchen-smoked-trout-sweet-potato-and-macadamia-salad#sthash.KJnYAyyG.dpuf
Here's another shelf of that gorgeous teapot shop on the Gold Coast Hinterland.
Joining Bluebeard and Elisabeth for T for Tuesday