Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Knitted Dishcloths - Bicolor Tweed - Knitpicks


This was a delight to make (I really must block my knitting hahaha) I can also see a few mistakes,
can you? thats what you get when you knit and watch tv





I've always loved doing stuff from scratch ever since my friend Nola served me one of her delicious homemade cakes. The smell (I call it the country smell) in her kitchen was so homely. Sometimes I just want to bake a cake just to make the house smell nice.

I've made my own soap and would like to try again.

I want to make my own soy candles as the ones I buy are so expensive and i burn a lot of nice smelling candles a lot.

So over on the Down to Earth  forum we have a challenge to make a dishcloth a week so at the end of the year we have enough to give as presents.

Ok back up here, in October my aunt came from Seattle USA to visit and brought her dish cloth pattern to share, I got hooked on it and have made a few for Chrissy presents but ran out of time. My family are using them as face washers because the cotton is so soft on the skin.

Here is my first dishcloth, which is actually a scrubbie, the wool came from Lincraft and is quite hard to use, I won't be touching that thread for awhile LOL.

I found 52 free dishcloth patterns for download.
Here is the HIVE pattern

5 comments:

  1. Wow - you rally are rocking these patterns Bridget - I ask again, what yarn are you using? Pretty please
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using cotton, again I replied to your comment last time in the comment section

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the link to the patterns. They are really pretty and got me all enthused! They sell cotton here for knitting and crochet. I might have a go when I finish my socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Lisca, the patterns are so easy, looks complicated but isnt.

      Delete
  3. I ask again, what yarn are you using? Pretty please


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...