Pages

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

WOYWW 401

It's been a long time since I posted my desk, Oct 5 2016 was the last. I don't have any desk to post, its all full of dumped stuff. Which means I haven't crafted for that long. I think the Wedding invites were the last things I made.

Anyway I have been knitting dishcloths fervently since October.  My aunt showed me her dishcloths she was knitting and gave me the patterns, then I got hooked
I made a few at Christmas and gave them to family who used them for wash cloths because the cotton is very soft and good on skin with excema.

I challenged a group of women on a forum to make a dishcloth a week in preparation for 2017 Christmas. I enjoyed making them so much I ended up making 14 in January and on my 4th for February. Each design is different and some favourites have been mad a couple of times now.


I will post up the individual dishcloths and the patterns for those who want to make them themselves in the next posts

Joining Julia's Stamping Ground to showcase our busy desks

8 comments:

  1. What a change of pace for you Bridget - and a very productive one too! Love the bright colours and varied patterns. What yarn are you using??
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cotton is the best for dishcloths and facewashers as they are more absorbent Maxine

      Delete
  2. Very colourful! Great idea! I'm tempted tom
    make some too. Yes, cotton is best. It comes in lots of colours, so that is nice. I would probably make small ones and use them as pan holders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see you back, what a pile of pretty colours! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! Such beautiful colours. I look forward to the update:) Have a great week - EmbroidRage #8 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dishcloths! They look so fun to do and something I might actually be able to knit.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K
    #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like using knitted dishcloths, they work really well! But I don't think I want to make them! I'm glad you found something you enjoy doing! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. not been onfor some time myself either. Sometimes you just need a change. Those cloths look lovely . soojay 44

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...