Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

Weekly reading

In my youth I used to work for Air New Zealand in Suva, Fiji and Sydney, Australia. It was during this time that we had one of the worst aviation disasters certainly for Air NZ and New Zealand. I discovered these articles about the disaster and saw a documentary, now 39 years ago since it happened in 1979. I was 19 at the time when I worked for Air New Zealand.  It was good to see what had happened as we weren't told much, kind of a closure.

http://www.erebus.co.nz/background/thestory.aspx

http://www.erebus.co.nz/


This is why we write letters, so we and our families can have memories
Lin-Manuel Miranda's childhood letters From Summer Camp Will Make You LOL

Came across this project called POSTCARD HAPPINESS what a great idea to fill someones box with postcards to help them get through whatever is happening in their life.
Here is the FACEBOOK page

Incredible, passenger train drives through Sydney Holsworthy/Wattlegrove/Menai area fire 14 Apr 2018

Street Libraries - The Friendly Bay Islander
http://www.thefriendlybayislander.com/single-post/2018/05/03/STREET-LIBRARIES

Robbie and Ian Kirk have the first Street Library on our island. 

Suzanne has the second Street Library.

I have commissioned the Renegade Men's shed to make me a street library. I am so excited. This project was one part of my Landmark SELP project and I didnt know it would ever be possible. Stay in touch! We have two on Macleay Island so far, there are more in the making and one is mine.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your most recent blog posts. I was also looking for your T for Tuesday post but didn't find it. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...