Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WOYWW # 308 and Postcrossing Official Postcards Number 2 & 3

I almost forgot WOYWW, wow imagine that, what a dilemma hahahaha.

Anniversary WOYWW is here again-week 312 which falls on May 27th, so if you'd like to participate HERE is what Julia has in mind for that post. If you'd like to swap an ATC with me let me know in the comments so I know how many to make and send me your snail mail address via EMAIL

On Saturday 25 April we remembered 100 years of the War in Turkey called ANZAC. Hubby and I went to the Dawn service at 4am at the Shrine Rememberance Cenotaph in Brisbane City, about 40,000 people attended. It was very sad to hear of one war story where a family of 6 brothers went to war and only 2 came back. Imagine receiving 4 Dead Man's penny and 4 pink telegrams. (Dead Man's Penny was sent to families with fallen soldiers, and the Pink Telegrams was to announce their had been killed in action)
You can read about it in THIS POST


So this is my desk at craft club as I made a start on my WOYWW Anniversary ATC Swaps


This is the drying process on the floor. 
Nothing like what I imagined and set out to do but unique in itself hahaha

My Postcrossing Postcards have really taking off after only a month. 
I purchased some notebooks to write back in to some members who want to be postcard penpals.
 I love colourful writing paper with designs on each page.  


My 2nd postcard arrived from USA, she was kind enough to send me 2 postcards which is not the requirement. The top postcard is an oil painting by George Caleb Bingham made during the Festival of Arts Laguna Beach California. The 2nd postcard is a postal car on the Burlington Worlds Fair Exhibition Train. Both a Vintage postcards to be treasured.


The USA stamps that graced the envelopes the postcards came in.


My 3rd postcard arrived from Germany on 27 April, 
below is the gorgeous stamp that was on the envelope.


Joining  Julia's Stamping Ground to see more desk around the world and what they are up to

18 comments:

  1. Oh those are going to be some bright and fun ATC's your making can't wait to see them all done
    hugs Nikki 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint color scheme you're using for your ATC's. I look forward to seeing the progress. Happy WOYWW! #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those atcs are looking gorgeous! loving the postcards (and the stamps) you're getting.. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the atc background, so sunny and happy!
    thanks for sharing happy woyww have a great week
    Mrs C x #10
    www.craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-april-29th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ATCs already..go with the flow..things never come out as I imagine them!! Your postcards are wonderful..I'm very struck that the US are honouring Maya Angelou with a stamp...how marvellous, I think it would have been more so if they'd done it in her lifetime! We too had commemorations for the Gallipoli campaign, the ANZAC contribution and loss is well remembered in Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ATC backgrounds are so gloriously vibrant Brisget - love them!! The postcards are delicious, and thanks so much for sharing the stamps - I collected stamps as a youngster, and still enjoy looking at them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I LOVE the bright colours on your ATC backgrounds - so much better than grunge, in my opinion! And I love the idea of the postcard swap, you've been sent some great ones, but aren't the stamps wonderful? THanks for showing them ..little masterpieces :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 19 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What colorful ATC backgrounds! All nice and neat and drying on your floor. I won't be participating again this year. I just have so much going on this time of year with all the outdoor work happening. Happy WOYWW! Glenda #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did we already arrange to swap? I thought I mentioned it last week but maybe not :) Wanna? If you return the visit, LMK in the comment and I'll email my address! I love the backgrounds, pretty and colourful. That stamp is mighty pretty too!

    Happy day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh wow i love the atc's :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they look lovely and colourful!
    I must remember to email you!
    Happy Deskday
    Laura
    37

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colourful atc backgrounds. Bright and cheerful.
    Your postcards are beautiful, as are the stamps. I don't collect stamps but I love looking at nice ones and google what they are about.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#40

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous postcards Bridget, and I agree the stamps are amazing. I've had some lovely ones from abroad. Loved the colours used in your ANZAC ATC's, so vibrant. Have a great week,Hugs, Shaz #12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ATC project looks so full of life and FUN....
    Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful postcards too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes the floor is the best option. I am waiting for cat hide and seek to stop so I can actually sit at my desk and get inky
    happy woyww
    pat #54

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bridget, your ATCs look so colourful already! I feel I should join in this year, but I think I will have to make one or two first before 312 then decide, I have never attempted one before.

    I love the postcards, I have a postcard collection many vintage ones, but I haven't added to it for a long time now.
    Cazzy #53

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bridget, great looking backgrounds for your ATCs. Enjoyed reading about the ANZACS. When I was teaching the cook at the school always used to make ANZAC biscuits at this time of the year for the children to celebrate the anniversary. You also tend to find them in the shops too. It may not seem like much but it is a sign that people have not forgotten the importance of the ANZACs during the war. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful work, Bridget. I love the bright colours in your painting. Fab desk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...