Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Dignity Oath

1. Acceptance of Identity - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I treat all people as equals

2. Inclusion - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships when filled with dignity I demonstrate through my actions that I view all people belong to the equal race

3. Safety - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I create a space that is secure for other people for them in knowledge that no harm to me or other people physically, emotionally, mentally or financially

4. Acknowledgement - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate being present with empathy towards people in their time, place, experiences, knowledge and emotions

5. Recognition - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate that I can validate other people with generous praise and appreciation for their contribution and ideas

6. Fairness - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I treat people justly, equally and even-handed according to humanity is honouring

7. Benefit of the Doubt - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate that other people always work towards good motives and intentions and act with integrity

8. Understanding - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate empathy because what other people think matters. their voice needs to be listened to from their experience and point of view

9. Independence - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate I encourage people to act on their own behalf so that they feel in control of their lives and experience a sense of hope and possibility

10. Accountability - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I demonstrate I take responsibility for all of my actions. If I have violated the dignity of another person, apologize as soon as possible. I will make a commitment to change my hurtful behaviours







1. Don't Take the Bait - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I don't let other people's bad behaviour justify my bad behaviour or get even with other people

2. Allow others to Saving Face - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I Don't lie, cover up, or deceive myself. I will tell the truth about what I have done

3. Never Shirk Responsibility - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I When I have violated someone else's dignity I will own it by admitting my violation and apologize for the hurt I have caused someone else

4. Never Seek False Dignity - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I will not seek recognition or praise from an another person. My dignity is authentic, whole and complete. My dignity can never be taken away only given away

5. Never Seek False Security - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity allow my need for connection with another person violate my dignity. I will resist the temptation to settle for a relationship that provides only false security emotionally, physically, mentally or financially

6. Engage in responsible Conflict - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I engage in responsible conflict by standing up for my dignity or the dignity of other people and communities identity. If there is a constant dignity violation I will take steps to change the relationship

7. Be accountable for my actions - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I do not assume I am the innocent victim I will look for my contribution to the problematic situation. Be empathetic to the situation and other people. I will live with humbleness and humility

8. Embrace Constructive Feedback - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I recognise I have blind spots. I will acknowledge my blind spots when I receive feedback and work towards correcting by unconscious undignified behaviour

9. Accept my Responsibility - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I continuously work to control the urge to defend yourself by making other feel or look bad

10. Do Not Engage False intimacy and Demeaning Gossip - I will connect and create strong reliable relationships filled with dignity when I don't gossip with others or demean others by being critical and judgemental. I will only speak the truth and facts about what is happening in my inner world how it affects my emotions and my circumstances and I will encourage others to do the same


1 comment:

  1. That is some pledge Bridget - you are courageous to publish it. May you always be able to adhere to it.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...