Pages

Friday, October 08, 2021

Postmark placement

I just wanted to bring to the world's attention the placement of postmarks lately that obliterates the most important parts of the address. I think it's only letters/cards from the USA, no other countries does this. 

UPDATE: I have found that it is AusPost that does this because I found a postcard from Russia with that postmark over the address. Thanks to a member in an online group I am on who did some digging online. 

This first one, unfortunately the address is posted in an unusual position on the right hand bottom corner and smack bang was the postmark right over it. Its very lucky that the postcode was visible which is the important part of our addressing here in Australia.


This next postcard, the postmark is smack bang over the postbox number. Luckily the sender wrote in green and the postcode is lower. I would love to see one of my letters that goes to the US and the placement of their postmark and if its the same as these.

There used to be a yellow strip stuck right on the bottom of the letter as well.

If you are wondering why sometimes your mail takes forever to get somewhere, this might be the reason, it gets tossed into the too hard basket to be dealt with later. 

So if you are posting from the US, please take into account where you place the address to avoid that postmark.

It must be a huge headache for postal workers to try and get letters/cards to their destination.


Here is a link to USA placement of address


This envelope was sent into the franking machine upside down so the square postmark landed 
on the top left hand corner otherwise it would have obliterated the postcode.

Some interesting sites about AusPost thanks to a member of one of the online groups I am a member of 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - that is so random and frustrating!! I have never seen that, but them I don't generally get any mail from the USA.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...