Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

T Tuesday R U OK

This is a cup I bought for a charity called R U OK. 
In 2009, Gavin Larkin chose to champion just one question to honour his father and protect other families from the pain his endured.  

The extraordinary story behind R U OK? was brought to life by Australian Story in 2011. In 2017, six years after they first aired the story of Gavin Larkin, they returned to his family to see how Gavin's extraordinary legacy has helped sustain them through their grief.

He started this as his graduation project called Landmark 



 I love this T2 tea maker. You brew the tea in it
 Then you pop it on your cup and it drains away

 You've got to know the capacity of your cup, as you can see its abit short, so I just top it up with water

Again our local cafe does lots of yummy dishes, this one is one of my favourites called Singapore Noodles, I like to eat it with a chilli and soy sauce that they make, I need to make some more of my own as I've now run out. that will be a hot affair and I have to cook it outside or risk choking myself on the chilli fumes

 The same cafe serves Yum Cha on a Sunday andn for $15 its value for money, I certainly cant eat it all.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely looking food Bridget, and a great a cup with a great message!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to brew tea-fun. Loved the message of the cup too-and your meal looks delish Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so glad you shared this R U OK? story. I'm sure many don't know about it.

    I really enjoyed your tea brewing piece put out by T2. I have some T2 sent me by a friend in Australia. It is wonderful tea.

    Your food is definitely making me hungry and it appears to be quite beautifully prepared, too.

    Thanks for sharing your T2 tea maker and the R U OK mug with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with Yum Cha but it sure looks delicious!

    I have heard about this tea maker. I love that it drains it right into the cup.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about the R U OK story, so thank you for sharing this.
    I was impressed with the tea maker, not seen one of those either.
    Happy T day wishes, your food looked delicious.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about the R U Ok story either, thanks for sharing! Your food looks so delicious - yum 😉. Happy T Day wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the story about R U OK. Your food looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An inspriing story. The tea maker is clever. The Yumcha looks delightful and now I've hungry, but it's not lunch time yet. :-D Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an inspiring story, Bridget. Thanks for sharing. Your Singapore noodles look delicious, but I'll pass on the hot chili sauce!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that history. Fascinating! And I've never seen a tea brewer like that. I'm learning all kinds of new things! Happy T Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tea maker looks interesting and a great way to support this cause! Those plates of food at the bottom look very pretty! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...