Pages

Monday, January 04, 2021

Gardening Jan 2021

On the weekend I installed a new worm farm from Bunnings  cost about $84 which we expected but has been manufactured properly. I am excited to see this but it will take about 3 months for the worms to eat through the coconut coir I put in as their bedding which they eat.

My worms are spoilt, on the weekend i crushed up beetroot, carrot for them, as they don't have teeth it takes them time to eat so if its crushed up its easier for them to eat

 
crushed egg shells they love as well, I also put this in my garden to prevent pests

My new worm farm that I am excited about as its manufactured properly

I separated worms from worm casting as well, ready to add to my garden beds and pot plants


 
The left one is my first worm farm, its huge. 2nd one on a stand is smaller and was the most successful until I did something and it doesnt produce worm wee lately. 
The newest one is on the right.

I have since learnt that you flush 5 litres of water every week to flush out the worms and make wee, who knew that hahaha. so I have instant 5 litres of worm wee just like that. I read that the worms don't drown when you do that because the water drains away quickly - thank goodness for that





1 comment:

  1. I do not have such a sophisticated set up, but it's been on the go over 14 years .. it was 'there' when we bought a house, and is still going - sometimes better that others, but it's given me litres and litres of pee!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...