Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2022

Cavendish Banana First Bunch - The beginning and the end of it

 Well my patience paid out after 4 long years of my serious gardening foray. This Cavendish banana sprouted out a bunch of bananas in September last year. 

July 2019 is when this photo was taken and the banana tree had taken off after dying in a pot and coming back to life. The minute I planted it in ground it took off and grew

I reckon the chicken had a lot to do with its success



Silly me went and put a raised garden bed around it lol. Now there are 4 suckers growing and I need to remove the garden bed.


Sep 9th 2021 this appeared, it was wonderful to watch each section turn into a hand of banana





Today I went to visit and saw this, almost cried. the bunch of banana which weighed around 25kg was too heavy for the tree and fell over even though I had a piece of 2 x 4 wood holding the tree up. 



There are about 7 hands on this bunch and the bananas are still really hard.


I found another wasps nest in the making of that same chilli tree today so I removed the chilli tree

4 comments:

  1. Am very much enjoying your adventures ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - I hope the bananas ripen up for you - how disappointing to have the tree fall. Sounds as though the chilli treee may have been attracting the wasps.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Can you let it ripe on the countertop? I'm not sure if banana does that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. banana plants don't live long - a couple of years at most usually. we had several growing in our backyard (full of spiders and cockroaches!) but they would always fall over and die off. nice to have fresh fruit for a bit though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...