Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

My daughter Emma and her charity challenge walk for Three Peaks

My youngest daughter Emma challenged herself to climb 3 peaks in Melbourne Victoria, Australia on three consecutive days last week. I am so proud of her for believing in herself. 

This is what she wrote and the pictures of the group that did the climbs.

I love you Emma.

Hey family, friends, workmates,

 

I wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for supporting my hiking efforts by donating to Whitelion. I really appreciate everyone’s support!

 

The event was amazing – I really enjoyed it. The weather started out with torrential rain, it was scary to drive there. But it eased off to a light-moderate rain for the rest of it and I actually really appreciate that rain. It made the whole experience feel a lot more connected to nature than hiking already does for you.

 

My biggest moment of struggle was climbing the littlest mountain haha.

 

I loved this event so much that I’m going to do it all again in April. They’re hosting it twice and we’re allowed to do both. Why not!

I’m also keen to sign up to be a guide next year. I really love that this has gotten me back into hiking.

 

Hearing from the Whitelion CEO and two of their young people that they support was really uplifting. Knowing where our money was going and the impact it has on these lives made the whole experience feel that much more special. Your donations are all going towards a wonderful cause.

 

Thank you again ❤

Emma








4 comments:

  1. You have every reason to be proud of Emma, Bridget - a great accomplishment
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great!! I love hiking, did a bit of that with my sister, Doris and her husband Norman when I went to Vancouver in 2019 but not the big mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s wonderful! You can be proud indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful effort. i have fond memories of Mt Donna Buang from my childhood, heading there to see some snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...