Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Garden bed

 Well gardening has started back again after our deluge. I had this garden bed built by Len The Worm Farmer ages ago and didn't have time to get it going. This weekend hubby and I got stuck into filling it.

Firstly with stones to give it some drainage, underneath is cardboard to stop the weeds from coming up.

Then we put mulch in which I forgot to take a photo of


The stones are about 2 inches deep


The height of the bed

Mushroom compost in with valleys so I was able to put some food scraps in them and will cover them with used coffee grinds. then I will add some potting soil, manure, worm castings.

As you can see I have a long way to fill up the bed. It will be the healthiest bed we have put it because I started it with good stuff



2 comments:

  1. A great start to what will prove to be a wonderful garden Bridget.
    That reminds me of starting a raised bed some years ago - by the time I sold the house the garden was nearly full, and it was all organic matter!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with your garden bed. lovely to grow your own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...