Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Covid 19

So what a world we are in now with Covid-19 and Ukraine.

I was very scared to catch covid because I have mild asthma and diabetes, have managed to not catch covid for 2 years until Jan 31-2022 when I had the worst sore throat that I'd ever experienced. It felt like I had swallowed a razor blade. I knew in my heart that it was Covid so I took a RAT test and there was a faint second line. At first I wouldn't believe that it was positive so waited 2 days to be able to go to a testing station to get a PCR test. 

Luckily we had stocked panadol and nurofen, two medicines that we needed and ate like lollies. the panadol helped with the headaches and the nurofen helped with the body aches. Wish I had dry throat cough medicine too because my throat was very sore. So I made this throat tonic that I found on a blog by Down to Earth  

3 - 4 inch long piece of ginger
2 lemons thinly sliced
1 litre water
1/2 cup raw honey

In a medium saucepan add the water, ginger and lemons and bring to a boil. Gently simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, put the lid on the saucepan and let it sit for two hours. Add honey, stir until its completely dissolved and pour into a sterilised bottle.

You can keep the ginger and lemon and recycle it, going through the above process again. The flavour wont be as strong but its definitely worth getting two batches.

To make up the tonic for use, make a hot tea with it by adding boiling water to 2 tablespoon s of syrup, add it to the black tea using the same amount or make it into a cold drink.

I hope you dont get covid, its not very pleasant, I reckon we got the middle version. 

I wrote down everything that happened to me:









3 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible Bridget - glad to hear you recovered with no further complications!! I have a similar drink that I make, but I use a natural syrup of lemon, ginger and manuka honey that is made in NZ as the base for the tea - I must get some more, in case!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had such a bad case. (with all three vaccines!) It probably would have been much worse without them. Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no sorry to hear you were ill. we have been lucky enough not to catch it so far ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...