Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Whats on your Workdesk? Wednesday 511 - new Craft Space - Island Paradise

Good afternoon Ladies of the Workdesk Wednesday.

I have missed doing the desk hop, and crafting.

The last time I posted here was on WOYWW 401 February 2017, I seem to be posting once a year since we had a life style change and moved to an idyllic island in Queensland. I must say I am surprised at how many desks have dropped off, there used to be over 100 postings.

I also started a new job with the Australian Federal Government whilst we were in the process of buying our house which took 7 months from go to woe. Surely was a hectic time and took up much of any play time I had.

1.5 years later after our move I finally got to unpacking my 100 boxes of craft staff in the new house and boy was I motivated and seemed to have a lot of energy. I worked 7 days a week, 11 hours on some days, 9 on others. I think I was living on adrenaline. My feet hurt some days but I wore good shoes and drank so much.  

So much has happened since the move as you can read in previous posts. 

We should have moved to the Islands a long time ago, we would have had quality of life earlier, not to mention the houses would have been cheaper to buy.

Firstly thanks to Maxine and Nil for suggesting photo editors, I went with this one because it was easiest to work FOTOR

Anyway here are some photos of my new craft room 

These boxes were moved to the dining room until I could make space in the garage to unpack them to.




Boxes in the garage


The garage with all the boxes out of it. This door will have a screen over it so I can open it up and get some air inside when I am crafting on my own.



The floor came up well with just some mopping




The table had a glass top but I sold it at the old house, I found it cumbersome. This is the formal dining room which we dont use so I claimed it as my working craftroom for when friends come around.  The garage set up will be where I craft with my projects so I dont have to pack up and tidy up and make room when a friend/s come over to play. The table was set up for my friend Faye to come and craft with me. I needed a break from unpacking and just to chill. Faye wanted to colour in so I brought out all my colouring medium so she could test it out.


I forgot to take a photo of when we were crafting to see our mess creativity. LOL



This is the garage space at the moment, I have yet to tidy up and put stuff in their places but I needed to finalise the dining room craft space first before I could move anything. I still have 5 boxes to unpack.
 I lost 5 kgs in the process over about 4 weeks.

Next weekend I am going to a craft camp in Brookfield. I went once before about 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Who doesn't - when someone else cooks all the meals and all you do is craft to your hearts content. It goes from Friday 9am - Sunday afternoon.  Can't wait and will have photos to show.

I hope to post regularly now that I have less shifts at work and I found an online Photo Editor

If you have a workdesk to show, mozey on over to
Stamping Ground and link up your desk on WOYWW.

40 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I really like the design on your packing boxes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaa no not at all, its very aesthetically pleasing to the eye, has white space and is balanced and the message is clear

      Delete
    2. I'm itching to make mail art out of them! ;)

      Delete
  2. So good to see you back! your new lifestyle will surely suit you and I look forward to seeing the garage develop. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see Helen its still very messy and I have a long way to go, wishing for cooler weather to tackle the next phase.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you certainly deserve the reward of a craft camp after unpacking all those boxes Bridget. Nice to see you again and thanks for visiting already. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not camped for 3 years and so looking forward to the break

      Delete
  4. Happy WOYWW. Wonderful to see you back, Bridget. Yes, there are less of us each week now, but you will certainly recognise a lot of the names. Well done on the house move and now the great unpacking of craft stash. How wonderful to be able to open the garage door and let the air/light in. Ali x #9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have opened it when its very windy, its the only time the mozzies dont come but i get all the leaves blown in

      Delete
  5. Hi Bridget so nice to meet you on here, what an amazing space to create in. Worth the wait of unpacking you will while away the hours in there finding little treasures with each box unpacked. Enjoy every creative moment in your new home.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet you too Tracey, enjoy WOYWW. It was like christmas as I opened up each box

      Delete
  6. Hi Bridget. Great to see you again. Bet you had fun moving all that stuff never mind re-organising it! Look forward to seeing what you get up to in your new craft space. Happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily te removalists packed it up for me. I managed to pack 25 craft boxes and then I gave up, it was too heavy and tiring for me. Thats why unpacking is so slow, I can take my time doing it

      Delete
  7. Hi there Bridget, it's lovely to see you back - I'm glad that you're happy with your move. My hubby and I retired early and moved back to Wales two years ago, brilliant decision, we're so happy here too. Great to see your new craft space as you unpacked, you'll have a lot of fun in there. Enjoy the craft camp!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be a beautiful place. I still cant believe I know people who live in the Queen's homeland lol. I love the Royal family and read everything about them that I can

      Delete
  8. Hi Bridget!! Even though I have also only been an occasional contributor over the last couple of years I thought I hadn't seen you about!! Yes there do seem to be less desks to visit, but personally I find it much more manageable. At its height I felt I was unable to really 'get to know' anyone. Glad to hear you have made some positive changes. My hubby is about to retire and the next year or so are going to be a little challenging for us as we decide what we will be doing for the next few years, some change of lifestyle will be required!! Your craft room looks amazing, though I can't imagine what a lot of work it would be to pack up and move!! Happy WOYWW, Cindy #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to move to our islands, its so relaxing and some of the scenery are breath taking, you will see more as I post

      Delete
  9. I too am back after quite a long time. I cannot remember the last date posting here but am sure going to try and do better about becoming a regular again. You have been quite busy but you sure have a ways to go with your unpacking. I think you are going to love your new life, I know I would love it there! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you go Glenda? Sometimes we need a break. I love my new island life already

      Delete
  10. Hi Bridget! Yes, I remember you! So nice to hear from you. That is a LOT of craft supplies hidden in those boxes - it will be like Christmas all over opening them! Have fun in your new crafty space - sounds like a good plan and you're lucky you've got the entire garage for your playground - the screen sounds like a good idea to let some light and air in! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bridget, how wonderful to see you back again! I too remember when there were 100+- took days to visit everyone, lol.Your new home sounds wonderful, and going to be a lot of fun unpacking all that crafting stuff! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bridget, great to see you back again. I'm so glad your move has been such a happy and positive one for you. Your craft spaces are looking fabulous, and it must have been such fun opening up the boxes and going through it all again - sometimes I feel I 'lose' stuff when I put it away and forget all about it!
    Have a great week,
    Diana x #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lot to find a home for. Then there is the problem of finding things and having to stop to play every so often. Have fun. xxx Maggie #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been absent from WOYWW too. Like I have also sorted my craft room. So perhaps I should join again too.
    I hope you get it all sorted in due course. It will be a fantastic craft space.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisca please come back, I've enjoyed looking at your postcards and posts so far

      Delete
  15. I was absent for four years and came back at the beginning of the year... welcome back! Love the large space that you have for all that gorgeous stash. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bridget, nice to meet you. Wow, 1.5 years until you unpacked your craft supplies! That is certainly a long time, I would have been itching to get stuck in! Your garage room certainly looks a great place to craft. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results. Have a lovely week Heather x #32

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was itching to get back into it but I had other stuff to tend to like working fulltime hours and 58 ducks to look after hahahaha. Read my previous posts of our island move

      Delete
  17. Well hello Bridget and welcome back! The numbers are lower, yes....but then people like yourself have to just dip in and out because of the need to be flexible in life! I must say that I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much stuff in boxes....it’s great that you’ve been motivated to unpack and create again, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what its like when removalists pack for you, its full of packing paper

      Delete
  18. Hi! You don't know me yet although I was following Julia's blog then. I am blog impaired! I actually met Julia a couple summers ago, when she and her hubby came to the U.S. Like sisters from another mother! I post via instagram now as still blog impaired. Would love to see other pictures of your countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what is your instagram name? I'd like to look at what you post. There are some posts of my island paradise I previously posted and yes I will be adding photos of our surroundings to the WOYWW posts

      Delete
  19. Hello. I remember you from before. Glad you got moved and can unpack all those boxes, what a lot of craft stuff you have. Anne x #14

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bridget :)
    YAY for you, it sounds like this will be such a relief for you guys and WOW good job unpacking it all, I bet it is just like Christmas every time you unearth a treasure. ~Stacy #27

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a huge stack of boxes to unpack! I didn't have that many boxes, and still I took over a year to unpack things after I moved. :) You are doing much better.
    The craft camp sounds lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha we all work at our own pace Nil.

      Delete
  22. Hi Bridget welcome back! Good to have you here, yes loads of unpacking and sorting there, certainly lots to shift and rearrange. Love your bog work desk when folks come over,
    hugs Shaz in Oz.x#15

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm almost done Shaz, only 5 more craft boxes left and then the room boxes need to be done

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks as if you have a busy time ahead.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...