Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Kombucha

Since May 13 - 2019 when I got my first scoby hotel
My hotels going well




Very dark and very vinegary, I don't like making with English breakfast,
I may have to make it less stronger by using less tea leaves

Egyptian tea leaves just starting to brew, it took a long time

 
This is the green tea I use, its a Japanese brand and has rice in it, very nice flavour. 
All the above is called the 1st ferment.

I love the look of the bubbles below when you extract the kombucha after its made.
Thats all that yummy fizz. You can drink it as it is or add fruit at this stage.

Below are all the 2nd ferment where you add the fruit.

 
You will need to burp the bottles everyday, if you dont like I forgot to and one of my bottles blew up. there was mess everywhere on the carpet.

My hairdresser had this given to her and I made her a batch, her kombucha is so yummy. 
I would like one of these one day but they cost $99

 
 Lychee infused                                                 Dragon fruit

Mold

1 comment:

  1. I have tried kombucha - my DIL makes it - but don't really like it - I brew kefir and have done for years now, and love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...