Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Decorated Envelopes - August



I was gobsmacked when I received this one, the time that it must have taken to decorate this envelope both front and back was purely love of this craft. I am so hooked on Decorated Envelopes run by Jean Wilson of Pushing The Envelope and Jan Hardt

 Chuck Myrick did this monocromatic one above, love the lettering. (I just realised Chuck spelt my last name wrong but who cares I didnt even notice it till a few weeks later hahaha)

 I think Janet Faught used a colouring technique on the above one similar to woodgrain

 Jan Hardt's Angry Birds envelope is artistic in many ways

 Of course even thought this one wasnt decorated like the rest I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and those of you who know me know I love everything Elvis. Kate Riley must have read my mind. I love how she used gold lettering to complement the envelope colour and the crown.

I should receive 5 more for August and I've signed up for September again. Off to decorate my own envelopes ready for the September names.

Have a wonderful crafty day friends from all over the world!!!


4 comments:

  1. WOW - these are stunning Bridget - some incredible work on these!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are gorgeous! Elvis stamps! I didn't know existed.
    The Angry Birds are fantastic!
    Beautiful woodgrain drawing and coloring. Even the stamps are in the same color palette. Stunning!
    Love the monochromatic one with the calligraphy. Beautiful.
    And the multicolored one must have taken ages to do. Very nice.
    You are lucky to have received such stunning envelopes. I plan to play again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to see how people incorporated the extra stamps for mailing from the US. That is an area that I sometimes struggle with. One, I don't plan ahead and the last mailing, I purchased only 20 stamps (1 page) of the stamp I planned on using. That was 2 per envelope since there were not forever stamps. Then I realized, I needed way more postage for my out of country participants. So how to add without distracting from the overall design plan and WHAT extra stamp(s) to use to compliment the design due to my poor planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting to see how people incorporated the extra stamps for mailing from the US. That is an area that I sometimes struggle with. One, I don't plan ahead and the last mailing, I purchased only 20 stamps (1 page) of the stamp I planned on using. That was 2 per envelope since there were not forever stamps. Then I realized, I needed way more postage for my out of country participants. So how to add without distracting from the overall design plan and WHAT extra stamp(s) to use to compliment the design due to my poor planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...