Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

A World of Snail Mail - September Week 2 challenge

Week 2 of Snail Mail September - Mail a letter from a new to you Postbox. 
I went to one of my local supermarkets and at the other end of the row of shops I saw for the first time a letter box. I posted my Week 1 mailings there. 


Week 2 - Use an Interesting stamp to mail something
I believe we have gorgeous stamps in Australia. I used some local ones hence the extra stamps 
I put on to cover that . I didn't complete the envelope address for confidentiality reasons. 
It's like a crossword puzzle lol


Week 2 - Write a letter/postcard in coloured ink
Jack Annall turned 101 and his daughter lives in Australia. Of course with covid and restrictions flying overseas restricted or at a stand still she couldn't get over there to celebrate with him. So the beautiful staff sent our an SOS to have cards send to him to cheer him up. Here is a video of what was sent in.

He survived WWII  and covid twice and received 5000 cards. Here is a link to read all about it


Week 2 - Decorate mail in seasonal colours



 

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful looking mail Bridget - we are loosing posting boxes now, which is really frustrating - our town now only has 4. 2 of which are in the CBD, not a lot of use to those of us who live further out... Great work in keeping your post office alive!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...