Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Dragon fruit and Cardboard

What a combination you ask!!  Well not a good combination but they are in the same area in my back garden. I was very busy on the weekend cleaning up all the mess as you can see beside my taro plants. Recently we've had a lot of rain and with me working during the week, I have had no time to weed so they took over my back garden where my raised beds are.

You can see in this POST what it looked like before weeds lol

Weeding is back breaking work so I have been collecting cardboard from all over the island and have now put it down before I put down mulch to contain the weeds once and for all. I've instructed the garden boy (husband) to put down some mulch everyday (while I am at work) so we don't have to do it all in one hit and break our backs lol.





Next post will show you the amazing compost bin and newest raised garden bed, stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Celina I deleted your comment instead of publishing it, so here it is:

    Celina has left a new comment on your post "Dragon fruit and Cardboard":

    Looking really great and such a good use of something that would just end up in recycling anyway. We had somehow collected a heap of cardboard boxes recently (from too much online and appliance shopping 😅) and i intended to use it in exactly the same way. But it somehow ended up at the tip before i got the chance to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to garden so differently from how we do here - it's always fascinating to see. Although cardboard and mulch is pretty universal for quelling weeds!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...