Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Dragonfruit poles 2020 - 2022

 I cant believe I never posted about my dragon fruit poles. The first 8 poles went in on 27 Jun 2020. 


This is the construction of the top support made by Len the Worm Farmer. 18 months later Jan 2022 these are the results. I've negelcted them over time and not pruned them or fed them as much as I should. This year I shall do a better job I promise.




Below mulching in between the beds on top of the cardboard so the weeds dont grow again and if I want to use the space I'll put the raised beds inbetween on top of the mulch

In the photo below you can see cuttings I've left in the wheel barrow and they have grown lol, this proves you dont have to baby them too much




These three fruit below are from my  7 year old cutting I got from my Uncle Devlin. You can see the original plant HERE that I treated poorly lol 

January 26, 2022 photos taken


This one is ready to open. I have been checking them everyday



1 comment:

  1. They look like a type of cacti, Bridget. What a fascinating plant
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...