Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

I'm in Heaven - New Oven

All my dreams have come true. I will understand if you aren't a cook that you will think "whats the big deal". Trust me I have never been so in awe of my beautiful dream come true oven that was installed by my wonderful family on the weekend. Each time I walk past that oven I think "is that really mine?"

TA DA!!!


The brand is Emilia EM9655GG and Italian, why did we choose that brand? It has a gas cook top and gas oven and service men will come to the island in the future if needed - that is an important point when buying appliances on the island.

I lost two pot cupboards but what a swap hey!!!

This is what I cooked on before, just a gas stove
I had removed the top drawer before I took this photo, the electric cord wasn't even plugged in to allow the jets to be lit by an automatic click action.
 
All the cupboards had to be emptied before we could do anything. The counter in the stove top area had to be cut out to be able to install the new oven.
A few days before the instal I ran out of LPG gas, we have two and I completely forgot after the first one ran out to order another one. So out came the camping stoves to cook, boy oh boy the difference between LPG and can gas is noticable. We could not cook our roti (Indian bread) well and it kept burning or not cooking at all which made the roti hard.
Unveiling the new oven

That is one huge box and will be put to good use in the garden. I am lining my garden with cardboard then topping it with mulch to keep the weeds at bay. Tired of constantly weeding.

My wonderful husband and brothers and uncle came to help and put my baby in.




Today I await the arrival of the gas fitter to install the gas part of it and connect it to the LPG tank. Then away I go cooking/baking to my hearts content.

So I tried to see how many cakes I could cook at once
1 chiffon cake and 2 pizzas

6 comments:

  1. Wow - what a difference, no wonder you are in heaven!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's beautiful.
    I've never used gas ovens, but I love gas stoves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow…it’s really beautiful, Bridget. You are a great cook and i know you love cooking, so no-one deserves this wonderful setup more than you. I’m also about to get a new oven…and I’ll probably get a new stove top too. I’ve chosen an AEG electric oven and a Siemens induction cooktop. Hope I’m making the right decisions…I find it quite challenging to choose stoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celina, you are a great cook yourself. I dont like induction, they are temperamental. I like my gas lol

      Delete
    2. Oh, I didn’t realise that. Maybe I should go back to considering gas for the stove top. I’ve been reading up on the induction technology and they do discuss maintaining even cooking temperatures but i guess it’s possible that’s just marketing hype. Guess it also depends what one tends to cook…you cook a greater range and more intricate things than me. I’m rather a “peasant” cook😃

      Delete
  4. I love gas, so quick and much better cooking than anything I've cooked with. It also saves on time, watch my next post for my first cookup

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...