Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Dragonfruit and new garden bed

This is my newest raised garden bed built by the wonderful Worm Farm man Len, he is very talented. I gave him the tin and the wood and away he went. He may start a business building these on the island. I had it tailored made for me with the edges so I could sit on it when gardening.

So my awesome dragon fruit (wish I had treated it better when we brought it over from the mainland in a pot and just dumped it by this tree with plans to plant it properly but it grew so fast while we were settling in. 4 years later it has grown out of hand and give us a few fruit each year that is just the juiciest and sweetest. The tree is 7 years old. You can see the pot plant I dumped HERE

This is the tree I want to plant the dragon fruit on and will do so this season after it fruits.

Found these three flowers about to fruit when we weeded, they were growing in the ground.







 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous garden frame Bridget, and what a fascinating fruit that dragon fruit is!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...