Pages

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Bread making disaster

I tried my hand at baking this very EASY RECIPE so they said and there were photo proofs to tell me they weren't lying hahahaha, I mean it looks easy enough, was easy enough, then disaster struck.

 Mixed the dough, I think it needed more than the recipe asked for so I added another half a cup of water but maybe it only needed a quarter cup
 See was not runny at all like the video says
added my 1/2 cup more water and it was too soft, I also think I handled it too much at this point as the dough was running off the baking sheet
Looks good enough but the round one was squished in my 4 quart cast iron pot you can see in the back. Next time I will put half the recipe in it. The new bread pan on the right, silly me didn't even oil it or use paper, next time I will use baking paper


Ta da I pulled and plucked and swore until half the bread came out, still tasted good though

The round bread, I must say they tasted good and smelt divine, so don't give up. I wont. Will try some today and cook it in the fireplace we are lighting again to have a feast.

Opps I forgot to post last weeks fire cooking. Going to try and do this every Saturday during lockdown and winter. 

Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, that bread looks very interesting. nothing quite like fresh, homemade bread. I made my own for years when I was younger and had a family to eat it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happened to me also. But as long as it tastes good I guess that is the most iportant thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...