Pages

Saturday, April 04, 2020

A big gardening day for me

Hubby and I were busy today in the severely neglected garden 

 Found this surprise chillie tree growing in the garden, how did I miss it? Very easily,  never went into the garden for the last few weeks, these things grow like wildflower, the only thing i am successful at growing.
 Drying out curry leaves, chillie to plant, pumpkin seeds, red pawpaw seeds and climbing spinach
 Preparing an egg tray to plant seedlings
 Remember my strange lime tree that is growing with no tree trunk? Well I got hubby to pound the star pickets in so i could tie up the branches so the limes would be off the ground or they rot
 Mixing all the potting mix, chicken poo, mushroom compost and blood and bone, do you like my little garden helper that hubby bought me? I was able to pull 150kg of potting mix in that.
 Separated the tomato plants out into three foam boxes, hope they survive, two were wilting already.


Small black pot of long chillies a friend gave to me today, will separate them out tomorrow.

That was a full on day of gardening for me, I fell asleep watching tv in the afternoon.

UPDATED 17 Apr 2020: this photo above appeared in an online newspaper

5 comments:

  1. I love your garden.
    What are those white containers, Bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I understand your question Nils but here goes, the white containers are foam and they are the best to grow your stuff in, portable and light. The soil is a mixture of. blood and bone, potting mix and chicken poo and cow manure. The plant is a chilli tree and tomato plant

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bridget.
      Haha my auto correct changed Bridget to Bridge in the previous comment. 😁

      Delete
  2. The tomatoes should recover with water and a bit of shade for a day or two. Looking good, and I do love your wee buddy!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wee buddy is a lifesaver, saves my shoulder and back, money well spent

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...