Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

WOYWW 569 - Window Art

How has lockdown been for you? I'm down to one day a week work at one job, the second job shut down.

Those of you who are crafters will notice that I haven't been crafting since WOYWW 513 when I went to craft camp and ate all this wonderful food, but the bigger news is I am now going to run that Craft Camp as the previous coordinator has too much on her plate. Next years dates have been booked and I am about to contact all the previous attendees to see who is coming so we can lock down the camp.

Apr 25th was Anzac Day for Australia and New Zealand. You can read about it on my post HERE
Everyone in Australia was doing driveway commemoration due to the social distancing rules. We normally go to a commemoration  park on the island called Pat's Park.

I wanted to do something at home so I decided to make some Poppies and stick them to my window. My inspiration came from a cousin's daughter in the US who decorated her mum and dads windows with hearts to show her support for Healthcare workers, it's such wonderful display of support and artistic creativity.

I have posted her photos below mine with her permission, thank you Rachel.

 So I found a poppy flower template on the internet and printed it out onto 80gsm paper which I cut out.


 There were three sizes but I only used the larger one, next year I'll plan it better and use all three. I also used a Stampin Up flower punch I had that almost looked like a Poppy flower, and a circle punch for the stamen. I would have liked to put green leaves too but didn't have enough time.

 I then traced the flower onto a thick plastic to trace onto the red cardstock, You can see the Australia map I punched out as well to use as the stamen on some flowers.


 I stuck the completed flowers on my arms to transport them outside to the window.


I couldn't reach the top of the window so that is why the flowers ended where they did.


I made a mistake on one and glued the Australia Map back to front so now all the eastern states are on the west hahahaha.

This is my cousin's daughter Rachel, she used a Silhouette Cameo and Cricket

 She did an awesome job decorating all the windows of her house downstairs, I believe it took her a day to do it. They live in the US, I have visited this beautiful house and gorgeous family, I am so glad they are my family by marriage.


So each Wednesday we virtually visit craft desks around the world via Stamping Ground and see what others are up to. 

Also entering this into CARDZTV Anything goes Challenge

Sending love and healing to those deskers that are suffering from Covid. May you heal through all the work the Healthcare workers are doing and from our love. Saluting all those front line and Healthcare workers out there that are putting their own lives at risk to keep us safe. 







32 comments:

  1. Welcome back Bridget, it's been a while! Love the decorated house - both yours and your cousin's daughter's. Here the kids (and some adults) have been painting rainbows. Take care and stay safe. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, this is Rachel her cousin, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Here in the UK we have been decorating our homes with rainbows to show our support for the key workers. I bought a lovely crochet rainbow, which is hanging in our porch. Your poppies are wonderful, and your cousin's daughter did an amazing job with their house. A lot of people in the Cricut community have been creating fantastic window displays. I haven't got any vinyl to cut out (or the confidence to try), so I just admire other people's work! Australia and New Zealand were on our news yesterday with some relaxing of your lockdowns. I hope that we can all safely return to work etc soon. Ali x #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Rachel. Thank you! I bet there are some beautiful ones over there too!

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back Bridget. Beautiful windows, both yours and Rachel's. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Rachel. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pics of you Rachel's window display and a lovely way for you to commemorate ANZAC day. We watched the service on the screen and neighbours played the last post. Then of course all the silly people in Sydney when to the "open" beach and it had to be closed again. Nice to see you back Bridget... stay safe and keep crafting.
    sandra de @6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Rachel here. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Love all the decorated windows, The poppies as lovely, Over in England we are putting rainbows in our windows to support the NHS and all key workers,
    Lilian B #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great idea for Anzac Day Bridget, and I love the Australia shaped poppy centres, what a brill idea! Rachel did a great job didn’t she, a great idea. Glad to hear that driveway commemoration was the order of the day, shows that there are some things that we simply will not miss honouring. Bet you’re enjoying a bit of a slow down after running around doing two jobs, hope you get some crafty desk time out of lockdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! I just created it myself and was so happy how it turned out.

      Delete
  7. Hi Bridget what a magnificent display, your Cousin did a great job and it's put a smile on my face for sure. Bet it looks even more spectacular up close at a social distance of course. Always loved the poppy, a fabulous tribute indeed, those little back to front area's make them extra unique.
    Thank you for sharing WoywW take care & stay safe Tracey #14 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! I am so glad it put a smile on your face!

      Delete
  8. I think your poppies and Rachel's hearts are beautiful and a really nice take on the rainbow theme. A great idea for Anzac Day.
    I'm glad that you're keeping well in these crazy times!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you! The rainbow theme was actually a last minute idea

      Delete
  9. Hi Bridget. Thanks for your visit - and being so polite and not mentioning that my post this morning is in a muddle. I'm afraid word press wasn't playing properly today - even when I went back and tried to edit the thing!!
    What great decorations - well done. Lovely to see the ones from America, too. And your "and finally" - great fun!!! Not that this aged one is going out much at all - I haven't moved my car for well over a week, not filled up the tank since the middle of March. Goodness, we are all going to be SO wealthy before this is over!!
    Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there Bridget, loving the house decorations from you and Rachel. Make my little rainbow look a tad unadventurous! But tbh we live at the end of the lane, I don't know who would see it! Keep up the good work, Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poppies are fab!! what a great idea and i love the centers are a silhouette of Australia - clever. Your cousin's daughters house is amazing and made me smile. Take care and stay safe. Soojay #24

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy WOYWW!! We are still on a lock down routine here in Denmark - Slowly opening up our Gov says. Lets see what will happen - You are a good inspiration with your decoration. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your poppies and the house displays! Fab desk share. Take care Zoe xx 25

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the window art. I want to do it now!!
    BJ#17

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting, Bridget, and I'm glad you like my Florabunda drawings. Our garden is all down to my hubby - all I do is sit in it!!

    Shoshi x10

    ReplyDelete
  16. I left a comment on here this a.m. from my iPad, Bridget, but it doesn't seem to have appeared. I love the window decorations - so beautiful, and so cheering, and as for your Australia map being the wrong way round, well, the whole world is upside down at the moment so it sort of fits the picture! I found this year's Anzac memorial extremely moving, with everyone standing silent in front of their houses. Looking back to those dark times, it really puts things in proportion, doesn't it. We don't know the half of it.

    Lovely to see you back on here again!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where your first comment went Shoshi, I allow comments to self publish without moderation.

      Delete
  17. The windows all look fabulous - so bright, they must really cheer up the people who pass by and a great way to show support for the health care workers. We are putting up rainbows here in the UK to show our appreciation of all they do.
    Hope you have a good week,stay safe and well,
    Diana x #21

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember you going to Craft Camp and so wish I could be there, it's a great idea. Loving your house decorations too. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, much appreciated. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both displays- yours and Rachel’s.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the window displays!!! Bet those walking or driving by enjoy them! Have fun with the Craft Camp!!
    Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
    Carol N #27

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to see you back blogging more regularly Bridget - I do enjoy your posts.
    Those are amazing windows!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both decorated houses, so bright and cheerful. Happy belated WOYWW. Stay safe and take care my friend. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#29)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back Bridget! I am so impressed with your daughter - how awesome is she! And so are you, the poppies are beautiful. In Canada these red poppies are what we use for Remembrance Day, on November 11, I will have to remember this and pop some up in my window! Thanks for your visit, stay busy and stay safe! Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful idea, to decorate your window this way! We see it a lot in the Netherlands too, people sticking all kinds of things to their windows to show respect and support (I live in a higher apartment in a backstreet, not much people see my windows..) Sorry I'm late with my visit this week... it's already Saturday, wow! Enjoy your weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #20

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...