Pages

Monday, April 06, 2020

Sunday Gardening

We were at it again in the garden Sunday. Why hubby decided around 11am to go out into the garden beats me, its the hottest time of day. Anyway we only worked for 1.5 hours

I bought this basket of goodies on the island, every Sunday Greg and Karen come over from Russell Island with their van and sell vegetables to us. I love using my basket for vege shopping, its keeps the vegetables from squishing in bags. These baskets are hard to find, very sturdy.





Visited my compost bin as well (built by the very handy man and garden guru Len) and saw the chilli and pawpaw tree are surviving. Corn to the right are growing, lettuce not doing so well

 So thats the garden so far, decided to extend the garden area by putting pots on the edges. Tomato plants in the white foam boxes you saw in previous posts, red grapefruit, meyer lemon, Nagami cumquat (the sweet oval ones you can eat fresh), I think there are two trees.

My worm farm is looking good with lots of worms.

So what does your garden look like?

2 comments:

  1. Are those your harvested veggies. Beautiful. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. My garden is looking tatty as the summer ends here and the colder weather is starting to set in :) Still harvesting tomatoes, broccoli, celery, courgettes/zuchinni, my last planting of lettuce, carrots, and the leeks are looking good ready for winter...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...