Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Another Fallen Tree Limb - Pine this time

In July 2019 we had a 2 tonne limb fall off one of our trees straight into the duck run, luckily no ducks were killed and neither was I, the time it fell was when I usually went in to feed them and luckily I had moved them into the pen.

So this week another tree limb fell down, I measured it and it was 12 foot long, luckily the previous owner had trees cut away from the house, we still have 3 trees too close to the house for my liking and some council trees also too close to the house.

The positive to this is we can use the wood immediately and its now coming into winter so it was good time.


 It took down a Staghorn on its way down




 Finally got some red dirt deliveredy, interesting to read that red dirt does not have nitrogen in it so will have to add lots of poo to it. Everything else seems to grow well in red dirt on the island.

 This is another Staghorn we have on another tree but the one that came down was the same size.  You can see below where it came off and how big the Staghorn was

I am going to try and plant an upside down tomato vine with this. Will have to hang it on a tree because hubby wont let me hang it on the patio - yeah I know, strange man

1 comment:

  1. That was quite some branch that fell Bridget - was it dead, that you can burn it immediately? Those Stag Horns are amazing.
    It's amazing that you can plant tomatoes now - we are coming into winter here and my tomatoes are just finishing... i have neverheard of an upside down tomato!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...